Business Plan Preparation
Plans are nothing. Planning is everything." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
All entrepreneurs can be more successful by having a written business plan and updating it annually. The most important reasons to write a business plan are to
identify and understand your current market opportunities; determine your strategic direction; and develop an action plan to accomplish your goals.
In addition, a well-prepared business plan is essential to attract outside investment (debt, private equity or grants).
The business planning process used by Linda Davis focuses on understanding niche market opportunities. A niche market is a well defined group of customers
in a defined geographic area that 1) desire, 2) can afford, and 3) are aware of the product or service in question. Through the business planning process
you will learn:
Regional and National Focus
- What external drivers will impact your industry over the next three years?
- What are your niche market segments?
- Who are your target customers and why will they purchase from you?
- How big is your market?
- Who are your direct competitors?
- How will you reach your customers?
- What is your likely market capture rate?
- How will your business operate?
- What will it cost you to start your business?
- How will you finance your business?
- How much money will you make?
In most cases, the business plan process can be completed over the Internet and by telephone, which allows me to work with clients all over the country.
Since 1994, Linda Davis has successfully completed over 75 business plans for clients in a variety of industries including the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs Network Early Planning Grant program.